Monday, August 29, 2011

60 Seconds of Pure Imagination.

I've been on this site, Oneword.com, for some time now, and it's one of the most amazing sites I've been on in the last few months. It's a fun -game- to play. The game rules are as follows: You are given one word. You have 60 seconds to engage into the wildest creative writing you can get. You are limited only by the short time you're given, yet the time constraint makes you think much faster than usual and creates some wonderful expressions of pure imagination. In a nutshell, it gives you the possibility of creating, under just one minute, some awe-inspiring pieces of text.

I'll be posting some of the short writings I create in Oneword. The titles, shall be the single word from which the text sprouted and the posts, shall solely consist of said created text. I think I'll start... now.

Mist
The mist was thick. Vision was clouded by the dense mass of formless vapor; not even the prow could be seen. The captain closed his eyes; prayed to heaven. Nothing happened. It was worthless to keep trying so he closed his eyes once again, pulled the trigger and killed the mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment